Getting flooded with unwanted emails is an issue that everyone faces. Hitting the unsubscribe button may help some with the issue. However, there are some emails that would be nice to keep for a short while before they are deleted. For example, I like getting emails with discounts for various online stores, but I do not want them cluttering my email account. The discounts tend to expire within a few days or a week.
When I upgraded to Nextcloud 17 from Nextcloud 16, I noticed that they transitioned to a fancier, rich text editor in place of the plain text editor. The editor seems to understand markdown, which is good because I have been using the markdown plugin to see a basic preview of the text formatting. I use the text editor when I want to edit some of the content on this site when I am away from home so the text editor is a useful feature I use in Nextcloud.
When setting up Cloudflare for this website, I decided to try it out on some sites that I had setup on my home network. In particular, my Nextcloud web portal. All was going well until I began enabling various optimization features that are available in the free Cloudflare account. I noticed when accessing the Nextcloud web page from my work computer that it would not allow me to log in. The login button was visible but disabled.
When I was setting up a development environment for creating the this website using the static website generator Gatsby (before I decided to switch to Hugo), I was struggling to run the built-in development server. At one point, I tried re-installing Gatsby and created a site in my home directory on my Ubuntu PC. The development server loaded just fine and I was able to get the site running! Then I tried creating it on my larger capacity hard drive that is backed up to my local Nextcloud server, it would not run correctly.
I generated this website using the static site generator Hugo, and I am hosting it on GitLab. Following the instructions on this blog, I read a comment about not pushing your Hugo themes to GitLab as a Git submodule. Not thinking about it when it came time to push my local files to GitLab, I accidentally pushed my theme as a Git submodule. Sure enough, that failed miserably. I don't think all of the files were even committed properly since it failed importing my theme as a Git submodule.